ROCKHarbor Africa Team

A group of 15 people going to Namibia, Africa in November 2005.

About Us:

ROCKHarbor Africa Team Blog. We are leaving for Namibia, Africa on Novermber 18, 2005.

Tuesday, November 01, 2005

More Shoes from St. Mary's and All Angels School


Yesterday I picked up five more boxes of shoes from Ms. Burchall's class at St. Mary's and All Angels School in Aliso Viejo. These look great and there are a lot of soccer cleats in the bags that I looked at.




This morning I got to my office and the cubical next to mine is filled with eight large black trash bags filled with shoes. I really appreciate all my coworkers bringing in so many shoes. There were many more bags of shoes and cloths beyond this and I really appreciate the outpouring of support.

This is a picture of the shoes before they were put into the bags. There are over 300 pairs. Very cool.









I called the airlines yesterday and have been working on ways to get them to Africa. The shoes are above and beyond the cloths, health/hygene supplies and school materials that we have already raised and we have a lot to pack. This is going to be an incredible trip that is going to start with a Lynne and Kim leaving a few days early to purchase a new car for the Ark. Great things are happening.